Application Process

  • Your approved petition for Alien Fiancé or Spouse goes to the office where your partner will complete the process. This is generally where your fiancé or spouse lives.
  • The office then notifies you when the interview for your immigration petition is scheduled.
  • Your partner brings the required forms and documents to the interview.
  • The immigration officer determines whether your partner qualifies.
  • If the immigration officer approves the application, you are then able to enter or remain in the USA.


Children of Fiancé or Spouse


  • If your partner has a child who is under 21 and unmarried, the child may be eligible to come to the United States on a non-immigrant visa.
  • You must include the names of your partner’s children on your application if you wish to bring them to the United States.
  • The children must continue to be unmarried and under 21 in order to be admitted to the United States.
  • They may travel with your partner  (or later), but they cannot travel to the U.S. before your partner.